Somewhere assignment







 My somewhere assignment takes place in one of my favorite movies, The Hangover. This scene is when the characters wake up in their hotel room after a crazy night they do not remember. I picked this scene because it starts the second half of the movie where they have to re-trace their steps to find their friend Doug. I was inspired to do this movie and scene because I think a lot of people can relate to it and it brings humor to the assignment. It's an all time classic! This assignment took me a total of three hours because it took precise focus to blend in my body with the background so that it looks realistic. I think I did a very good job on matching the lighting with Stu's face because I took about 20 shots from different lights and angles in my apartment to make it look like the sun was hitting the top of my head. Additionally, I matched the saturation to make my face look more red. 

Comments

  1. Hi Caroline! When you showed your assignment in class, I thought it was very impressive. You did such an outstanding job and this looks very natural and real. The way you took the picture, managed to match all the colors, is impressive. This movie is hilarious and it is really cool that you used this image. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline, I love how this project came out. I think it is so funny and I also love The Hangover. This project was definitely harder than I thought it was going to be but I think you did an amazing job at photoshopping yourself into this scene. It really looks like you are a part of this movie. Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caroline! This is my favorite project of yours. The facial expression you have is so perfect and your dedication to getting the lighting and the placement right is so admirable. It looks so real, and I'm glad you chose to do this movie! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline, I really love the movie you chose here. It is a go to classic and gets more funny every time you watch it. You did a very good job of placing yourself in the image. It looks like you really are in the movie. I like how you put your tag brush on your face. It looks as if something spilled on your face the night before. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caroline, this assignment came out great! I think your dedication to taking the perfect photo with correct angles and lighting really made the whole thing come together perfectly! Your facial expression is perfect for the scene. I think this movie is great so I'm glad you chose it and were able to execute well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so good Caroline! I love The Hangover and think it's such a funny movie. I also agree with how you went above and beyond for this photo by acting it out. The lightning is so good and matches well with your movie scene. Solid 10/10! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a really good job on this. Its super funny and it looks like you were apart of the action that happened the night before in the movie. You did a very good job of adding your self to the image and making it believeable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a really good job matching the light tone of the setting, as well as the comedic effect that the original scene was going for. The only thing I would suggest to improve the piece would to include more a reflection of yourself on the floor. Stu has a reflection, and in your own original photo, you a natural blurred reflection on the floor as well. But other than that small inconstancy, the project came out really nice and is convincing. I remember laughing out loud when I first saw this on Zoom. It was a really good idea and it worked out so well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts