BW 3 PHOTOS AND ARTIST STATEMENT

 



My works basic idea relates to simplicity yet small detail. The different colors represent different feelings and separate the pieces from each other as I use the same selfie for the assignment. The selfie itself has meaning to it.  I took this selfie during quarantine right when I was reunited with my family and little did, I know this was one of the happiest moments in my life. I was attempting to smile in this photo as the sunset was behind me, but the sun was so strong that I almost look like I am confused. I like this photo because I do look confused, but you can see my happiness through my eyes. For this assignment I used the selection and lasso tool to get the little “marching- ants” around the part of the image I wanted to change color. I chose the different colors based off the overall theme and did not use the same color in parts that were close together for example the flag pool and my hair. Choosing different colors for these parts makes the image more appealing to the viewer. I found the clouds being the most challenging part of the project because the selection tool did not pick up on them as I used the lasso tool to be as accurate as possible. Creating a solid color with 100% opacity allows the image to look more animated and fun because the rest of the color do include less than 100% of opacity. This assignment taught me how to navigate, select, and change an image using certain tools and colors. I found layers being very important for this assignment because that is how one builds different colors and selections while separating them from the rest of the image. I enjoyed this assignment because it allowed me to play around and see what colors and percent of opacity looked good together, but every viewer has their own opinion. We all see art is different ways and that is what makes life interesting because if we all chose the same image, colors, and styles it would be boring to explore others work. An overall good experience using Adobe Photoshop. 






Comments

Popular Posts