Calligram assignment

 


Artist Statement: 
This here is my calligram. It took about 5 hours and maybe even a little more. I enjoyed this assignment because it was challenging yet rewarding. 
As an artist, it was a process of trial and error plus doing my own research as well. 
I knew I wanted to incorporate a dream of mine into this assignment because it involved writing a letter to ourselves in 20 years. I am afraid of heights sometimes but I know I want to overcome it and with overcoming things in life, you have to face them. I am not sure what it is that fascinates me about a hot air balloon. The process of this assignment was interesting when having to copy and paste my letter to arrange them in the correct way so that the calligram is appealing to the eye. I used yellow because it is an eye- catching color and it allows one's work to stand out from others. After the class discussion, I was told i need to outline the base with parts of my letters and with that being said, I attempted to do so. It was a lot harder than I thought but I tried! Before this project, I never thought I would be able to create something like this but now I feel confident in using Illustrator. Overall, the use of different shapes and words adds character to the image. While I was creating this image, ironically, a friend of mine took a hot air balloon ride with a few buddies and he looked like he had the best time. I saw photos and wow it is so much bigger than a I thought.

 https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tz9i80guxcigt2/mcdaniel%20caligram.ai?dl=0


here is the link to my calligram! 


Comments

Popular Posts