Autoscopy

 

I call this piece "Lost in Transition." It symbolizes the transition of wearing a mask everyday and having it become our new reality. Never would I have thought we would have to always carry a face mask around and wear it into almost any public place you go to. This transition has almost felt like a fever dream but it is reality. I chose this photo because although the viewer cannot see half of my face the look in my eyes shows the expression I feel during this transition. I also placed pink fire in my eye balls because of the way I am excepting this new reality. But it is always important to realize that life could be much worse. I chose to use a colorful background with opacity to express a happy message even though there are flames on the other side of the image. I am also looking into the colorful background to show that I am always looking at the glass half full. Despite this transition the whole world has been going through it is normal to feel lost. I have felt that this pandemic has changed people and not for the better. I have felt more tension throughout my day as I go into class or even running errands. I feel that some of the people I run into throughout my day have allowed the pandemic to get the best of them and they have just become rude. It is life and that is why I chose to look on the bright side of this transition because it is so much easier to look on the bad side. The assignment took me about 4 hours but I enjoyed the creativity we were allowed to work with. I chose to put my tag brush on my arm and to have it look like a tattoo because I do not have a tattoo but I think it looks cool in my assignments. I also put in a burning heart because I feel like I am a loving person. I have felt that through this transition, I have been a light in people's life because I have not let these hard times effect the way I look and appreciate life. We are all so lucky and just by realizing the little things in life like I will never go hungry or I will always have a roof over my head. It has become too easy to stop wanting to go about life with a big heart but that is something I strive to do each day. Professor Roundtree said in class that she feels this year and time in our lives is the idea of "the survival of the fittest" and that has stuck with me throughout this year. I enjoyed this project. 








Comments

  1. Caroline -- First off, the original picture is sooo cool I love how unique the mask is! It was cool to see how you were able to change the color of the mask in the final edit. I also like how you used your tag brush as a tattoo and made it really subtle. Great project!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts